Would like to be featured on European Elopement Guide?
There are two main ways you can be featured on the European Elopement Guide:
Submit A Feature
Photographic or video features can be submitted by anyone, regardless of your geographic location.
We prioritise the following types of shoots for publication on the blog:
– Real elopements & micro-weddings
– Styled elopement shoots
We also feature a handful of:
– Honeymoon/trash the dress shoots
– Vow renewals
For Local Vendors:
Guest Post & Join The Directory
The focus of the EEG is to be an invaluable resource to couples planning their elopements, providing them with quality content written BY LOCALS.
Do you want to write an elopement guide or another article featuring your expertise about your area of expertise?
We know that writing quality content takes time, so that’s why we don’t charge for our directory. In return for a 1000+ word article for the blog, you’ll be added to the directory.
Why Should You Submit?
If you know about SEO, you’ll know that features on blogs can be great for getting new eyes on your work, but what makes them even more valuable is actually the backlink you get, as that helps boost your own website’s ranking in Google. Not only that, we want to promote you across our social channels too.
What We Feature:
Please note: We only accept submissions for features that have taken place in Europe.
The couple and/or the photographer submitting can be from anywhere in the world. But the elopement must be in Europe.
We love to feature:
- Real elopements
- Micro-weddings with up to 15 guests
We also feature:
- Honeymoon or trash the dress shoots
- Vow renewals
- Styled elopement shoots
What we look for:
- Diversity of age, race, gender, body type, sexuality
- A story – no matter what type of session, we want the photos to tell a story. We want to see a variety of locations and poses.
- Something unique – new locations, unique style
- High-quality photography
- Anywhere in Europe – in the city, on the beach, in the mountains, we love it all!
What we Don’t Want:
- Features that didn’t take place in Europe
- Images that show offensive or illegal or offensive behaviour, trespassing, or don’t follow Leave No Trace
- Send fully gallery link (make sure to turn download permission on)
- Image names should include photographer name
Can I Submit Something That’s Been Featured Elsewhere?
While we prefer unique submissions that haven’t been featured elsewhere, we don’t insist on exclusivity. We do however ask that you don’t submit a feature to us that you have submitted to another blog and are still awaiting a response for. There’s nothing more annoying than preparing a blog for a feature and then being asked not to share it because another you have submitted it elsewhere too and they want exclusivity.
> If you want to learn more about how to improve your chances of getting featured, read this article on How To Submit To A Blog
Do you accept video submissions?
Unfortunately we can’t accept video-only submissions. We love video but we can only feature it alongside images, so please submit the link to the video when you send your photographic submission.
Do the couple need to answer a questionnaire?
We know that sometimes it can be difficult to get responses from couples after the wedding day is over. We’ll send a series of questions about the session to you if your submission is accepted, but these are questions that can be answered by you (the photographer).
I’m not the photographer? Can I still submit?
I am aware that sometimes planners and couples want to submit their elopements to blogs. While this is ok, we MUST have the permission of the photographer in order to publish the feature.
How long Until I Hear Back About My Submission?
We aim to respond to all submissions within a month.
Contribute a Guest Post & Become A Free Member
Having been in and around the destination wedding industry for many years, we’ve never felt comfortable with the idea that anyone can pay their money and join a directory for “photographers in Iceland” even if they are based on a completely different continent. We want there to be more transparency in the wedding industry, so that couples can easy find local vendors IN their elopement destinations.
When creating the European Elopement Guide, we decided that we did want to have a directory of vendors to help couples find their dream elopement team. But we wanted to find a different way of doing things.
We also want this blog to be built upon the incredible expertise of the European elopement community. But we know that time is valuable, so we decided that as a way of thanking our amazing vendors for proving the blog with fantastic articles that showcase their knowledge and expertise in their areas, they would receive a membership to the directory.
What We Are Looking For
- Location-specific articles and guides (e.g. Paris, Rome, Isle of Skye,
- Country-wide general advice around elopement planning for overseas couples
- Travel and culture guides around different locations (e.g. best hotels, local foods to try etc)
- Guides to help couples in planning the other aspects of their elopement
- Unique and original content written by a human
- Minimum of 1000 words
- Clearly structured with headings and sub-headings
- Submitted as a Google Document with images
Who Can Join
You can submit an article and join the directory if you are any type of wedding or elopement vendor who is based in Europe. Your directory membership will be for the country that you are resident.
For more information, and to submit your article, please email Cat at the following address: [email protected]